1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h22+turbo=hella radiator fitmess issues

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by hybridsol, Feb 9, 2004.

1. hybridsol

hybridsol Senior Member

well got my turbo, andits very space domiant ha, i need a smaller radiator, my set up is jdm h22a in a 94 teg ls, i just got a custom kit turbo kit, fmax manifold, t3/60-1, the stock radiator is never goin to fit, i've also got a del sol vtec and that radiator is also still to wide, its about 15" and i need about a 12" wide radiator and i'm not finding one for a reasonable price anywhere, anyone else have this problem, or have a solution besides buying a new manifold

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

maybe try setting up something that would allow you to mount the del sol radiator at an angle????

3. hybridsol

hybridsol Senior Member

i thought about that, like angle the side farthest to the passenger side, closer to the tranny. Do you think it would still get efficent cooling

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

i dont see why it wouldnt ... i see race cars with the radiators at some bizzar ass angles all the time

5. hybridsol

hybridsol Senior Member

alright whos gotta del sol vtec radiator, cause i don't wanna take the one outta my sol

6. tab

tab Super Moderator

In my V-8 S-10, cooling and space were huge issues. I ended up buying a four core radiator that mounted INSIDE the core support. This gave me at least two inches in front of my fan. It was custom built for my type of core and cost about $300. But, maybe you could fit something in there? Just a stupid idea.

7. hybridsol

hybridsol Senior Member

not a stupid idea, i thought of this also, but i think i'd have to order a custom one, which i didn't include in my budget unless you know a car that has a radiator that is 23" wide about 11 1/2 wide and 2" thick

8. hybridsol

hybridsol Senior Member

haha that was dumb on my behalf 23"wide about 11 1/2" tall

9. tab

tab Super Moderator

Yeah, I hear that. There is probably a match somewhere, but I wouldn't know where to look.

10. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

my best suggestion in order to keep it cheap as possible would be to take the del sol radiator figure out where u need the mounts to be on order for it to be at the right asngle then cut the mounts and reweld them to where it will allow everything to fit properly...and this said u might have to fabricate a mount or two as well

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted