h22+turbo=hella radiator fitmess issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybridsol

well got my turbo, andits very space domiant ha, i need a smaller radiator, my set up is jdm h22a in a 94 teg ls, i just got a custom kit turbo kit, fmax manifold, t3/60-1, the stock radiator is never goin to fit, i've also got a del sol vtec and that radiator is also still to wide, its about 15" and i need about a 12" wide radiator and i'm not finding one for a reasonable price anywhere, anyone else have this problem, or have a solution besides buying a new manifold

maybe try setting up something that would allow you to mount the del sol radiator at an angle????

i thought about that, like angle the side farthest to the passenger side, closer to the tranny. Do you think it would still get efficent cooling

i dont see why it wouldnt ... i see race cars with the radiators at some bizzar ass angles all the time

In my V-8 S-10, cooling and space were huge issues. I ended up buying a four core radiator that mounted INSIDE the core support. This gave me at least two inches in front of my fan. It was custom built for my type of core and cost about $300. But, maybe you could fit something in there? Just a stupid idea.

not a stupid idea, i thought of this also, but i think i'd have to order a custom one, which i didn't include in my budget unless you know a car that has a radiator that is 23" wide about 11 1/2 wide and 2" thick

Yeah, I hear that. There is probably a match somewhere, but I wouldn't know where to look.

my best suggestion in order to keep it cheap as possible would be to take the del sol radiator figure out where u need the mounts to be on order for it to be at the right asngle then cut the mounts and reweld them to where it will allow everything to fit properly...and this said u might have to fabricate a mount or two as well

Back