h22 turbo or try the k series swap.... ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm not sure if i should start a new post, but since I'm talking about my car, my head is out now because the head gasket blew. aside from doing the whole valve train what else would you recommend, I have another block that i'm gonna send out later to golden eagle so this block i'm gonna leave... should i mess with the camshafts? any suggestions?

Sounds ridiculous but ppl have been telling me i can spend all that money to build my h22 up and someone who drops a k series in my body style and basically run me stock can smoke me so easily... I feel like I'm losing my mind..not sure to trust the k series idea with the tsx set up, because i'll save a whole lot right?

imgm6txh6hzwzrv6tvgbrar_60255_thumb.jpg
imgnt2x3zfkio9uyo24tq8u_60255_large.jpg
imgj3qgxydcjwh7t5oxb9px_60255_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds ridiculous but ppl have been telling me i can spend all that money to build my h22 up and someone who drops a k series in my body style and basically run me stock can smoke me so easily... I feel like I'm losing my mind..not sure to trust the k series idea with the tsx set up, because i'll save a whole lot right?

imgm6txh6hzwzrv6tvgbrar_60255_thumb.jpg
imgnt2x3zfkio9uyo24tq8u_60255_large.jpg
imgj3qgxydcjwh7t5oxb9px_60255_thumb.jpg

hahahahahahahaha no.

tell that to the ppl with k20 civics and rsx's that see accord tail lights

if you built the h22 there is no possible way that the stock k20 swap could beat you...now if the motors had similar mods then yes the k series could walk away from you.

yeah but if i built it up for turbo not all motor.. by doing minor thing to the kseries motor they gain so much hp and are strong motors, torque, everything.. I know certain civics/integras/and of course crxs with k series swaps that beat certain turbo vehicles or give them such a hard time.. I know i'm heavy but I want to be fast also without spending so much. I don't want to spend a large amount of money and someone not spend even half what i did on a kseries and beat me badly.. lol..

look if you dont love your car that much put the f22 in it and take out the h22 sale you car and get an eg put that h22 in it and you have a beast or drop 5 grand in to the h22 and get it built by jg i have a friend who has an eg with a h23 vtec built by jg and he runs 11.5 on street tires not bad for 6 grand all motor but that heavy ass accord is going to slow u down

even a turbo build...similar build sure the k20 may make more power but if you are making the same power you are more likely to have more tq and pull the k20...with turbo everything can be made better and more efficient....the k20 is not god...dont get me wrong if the k20 swap was the same price as the h22 i would get it...it is a superior motor in the long run but its cheaper right now to build the h22 and wax the k20

what turbo cars? stock eclipses??? like i said i spank k20 civics, and rsx's. if you spent 6000 on the h22 and only 3 on the k...youre going to destroy the k

yeah but the set up i'd have to go is k24 the 2.4 block.. I know with turbo things can be made to perform at a high level, but my 2 concerns with turbo is the cost of setting it up to put out so much power and have the motor not blow on me. I would want to be able to drive it daily without any major issues... but to do so it's alot of money right?

you can boost any stock motor on about 8-9 psi (generally speaking)

you can build a good turbo setup for under 2500 dollars

you think i can build a good turbo with out doing block work or anything else and only pushout about 8-9 psi?

power.. .what is your car doing you have an accord 94-97 right with the h22 motor... you have an all motor setup?

yes you can build a good turbo set up without touching the block. just get a good tuning system (hondata, crome, uberdata). mine is more of a stock set up lol. im going to be tearing it down this winter for some goodies....but as it sits i ran 14.8 on street tires

and your motor never blew? wow.. how much were you getting to the wheel? i have my heavy 4 door... but I have a p28 computer that's has hondata.. I can get it tuned at this real good spot up here in New York, but from what I"ve heard those blocks can go on you so easily... What do you have planned for this winter or is it a secret? Lead the way and I may follow.. lol.. ;)

ive never personnaly built a turbo h22 but know of 3 where i live on stock blocks. on 9 lbs they are making about 280-290 whp. one other is on 12 and making 325.

there are countless others on honda-tech that are making 300+ on stock blocks

mine will be running 10lbs on a t3 60-1

how much for a turbo set up? what do you think i should do? and where should i start.. i'll keep the h22 now in my car and hold off on any kseries thoughts, but you're gonna change your vavletrain b4 doing the turbo? plus are you buying piece by piece or full set up at 1 shot.

i wont touch a thing in the motor.

yes im buying mine piece by piece because it is much cheaper.

turbo 700 (t3 60-1)
ic 300
all piping 300
boost control 200
wastegate 200
bov 250
fuel pump 100
injectors 380
oil lines 70
manifold 150-400
fuel pressure reg. 100

opposed to buying a 3500 dollar kit from somewhere

Ha lol.. through what site or where? I'll set mine up too and see.. this guy out near me said drop off my car he'll do my turbo set up, parts, labor... 4,500 that's alot and I told him i want to push out about 300 something horses.. i have a speed magazine with a white 2 door accord, h22 turbo and 450 whp...

that 450 hp is more than likely on a built bottom end. they h22 will take that much power with really good tuning but its not going to be reliable or dependable.....and probably not last long.

but 300 is very easily attained and will keep the reliablilty up.

Back