1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h22 turbo teg update

Discussion in 'Auto Multi-Media' started by hybridsol, Oct 24, 2004.

1. hybridsol

hybridsol Senior Member

whats up guys. I haven't been on here like i used to be, school, work, a newly found love for metal fabraction and other things have kept me pretty occupied. I figured sense i got the camera out the other day i'd put up some pics on my progress.
    this is how you guys remember it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and now it looks like this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so as of now you can tell i got a jdm itr front. I ditched the hondata and got an aem ems. all the old turbo parts are in the midst of getting sold, as well as ditching p/s and abs. The new setup (in the works) will consist of the same turbo just rebuilt (t3/t4 60-1 .82ar) a buil short block (sleeved, 9:1, bored to 88mm with an h23 crank) not fully decided on the head yet. A custom intake manifold, and custom built equal length turbo mani.

like i said its in the works as usual, i'm starting fabracation on the manifold, IC piping, and down pipe within the next couple weeks. I'll try to keep this updated

2. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

lookin good mang! keep it up and keep us posted....now if i could only come up with the cash to boost my h22 powered accord id be all set

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

i love the JDM front ends :wub:

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

5. swanny

swanny Senior Member

lookin damn good.

6. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

thats entirely too sweet.

7. UDT

UDT Senior Member

Burnt out!

J/k looking pretty good dude. Did you run it at a 1/4 track befor you took it apart? Im interested in your setup (turbo h22 dc2) and would like to get an idea of what it was running.

8. Prowler

Prowler Super Moderator

i love the usdm front ends.

if the us got the jdm front, everyone would be saying the projector front end is better.
    stupid jdm bandwagon crap.

9. hybridsol

hybridsol Senior Member

alright i'm sorry but the jdm itr front is 20times better than the usdm front. Black housing, HIDs (in a projector housing) duh, yellow fog lights, very aggressive, better looking bumper. I call b/s on the whole jdm bandwagon especially if that was directed towards me. There is a major difference between a front end and a vin tag or shift boot, or some other little item that is over priced like crazy just because it is from japan. I don't buy those little b/s items. Plus the car was based out of japan haha, i mean if you own a honda then you've got japanese affiliation with the car. Don't hate

As far as running the car, I never got it to a track, I rarely got the car out cause i was running the hack on it, and once i got the hondata my tuner put an s200 rom in it so it was basically pointless. So i switched to AEM, sat back and thought about it, then I found a good deal on the front when researching, and just decided that while it was in pieces from that, i might as well just build the thing up over winter. Plus starting to make IC piping, DPs, Manifolds, headers etc.. has helped me out on the cash end so there is really no reason not to

10. hybridsol

hybridsol Senior Member

mr jdm style headlights on your civic :hmm:

11. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

bahahhahahaa :lol:

12. Prowler

Prowler Super Moderator

nothing against your car. to each their own. i just thing it's funny where you'll see everyone single person thinks that's the coolest thing ever and the best improvement. some jdm things are definately nice looking. other stuff is just stupid to me (i.e. bumper pole, the jdm bumpers for ek's, etc)

13. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

i think what he is trying to say is a majority of people who like the jdm integra front end only like it because....well its jdm and we dont have it. he isnt calling you a jdm wagon jumper.

14. hybridsol

hybridsol Senior Member

totally agree

15. bjfisher

bjfisher Senior Member

hey man, where at in ohio are you?i'm just east of cbus....i'm doin a h23vtec that i'm gonna turbo, we should get together sometime

16. hybridsol

hybridsol Senior Member

findlay OH, its like an hour south of toledo, I think about 2 hours north of c-bus. I'm in lima quite a bit to because of school. Get ahold of me its always coo to have new people around, and i've got alot of my old turbo parts forsale

17. smooth95

smooth95 Senior Member

that shit looks good mang

18. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

what do u ahve for sale for parts from your old turbo setup? id be interested in some of them...and also...you said you going to be making your own mani and downpipe and such...what would u charge to make another (if its tubular stainless) for an h22 that will retain PS and AC?

19. cxjon

cxjon Senior Member

i like the jdm fronts aswell

20. hybridsol

hybridsol Senior Member

manifold, dp, ic piping with an hks ssqv, and possibly the tapped oil pan if my friend hooks me up with his moroso

not sure on prices yet, i'm just getting everything together and organized. I'm trying to get a deal worked out with a local company on piping, but its not workin so far. I'll let you guys know when it all comes together, and i'll get pics and stuff up before i sell anything, and i think i wanna try to be a vendor so i'l have to sort that out too. thanks for the intrest, i will let you know

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted