1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H22 type S

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by ludegirl, Nov 24, 2003.

1. ludegirl

ludegirl Senior Member

ok...I'm seriously thinking about getting an H22 type S and I was wondering if anybody knew where to get them? I looked at hmotors.com but they didn't seem to have it. About how much do they go for? Plus I also heard they had a kick-ass tranny I was wondering if this was true and if it is what makes it so great?

2. dohch22a4

dohch22a4 Senior Member

Are you sure you looked well enough? The Type-S only came in Preludes in Japan, so I'm sure Hmotorsonline.com has them.

Here:

Type-S Full Swap @ Hmotorsonline.com

Good luck! :D

3. ludegirl

ludegirl Senior Member

:doh: Sorry about that, I totally saw it too, but the "97-98" threw me off and made me think it was a 5th gen. I think I just got some bad info from people who didn't know what they were talking about, including me! thanks for the help though!

4. sleepn_accord

sleepn_accord Senior Member

tranny (from my experience) is the same.

The type-s has higher compression pistons, a better flowing head and slightly more agressive cams.

5. ferrarikiller

ferrarikiller Senior Member

Check this out I did the same thread about a month ago and got a lot of feedback. You can find it on page two of the prelude/accord swaps. And I found the swap for under 4Gs from www.haprecycling.com

6. rentien

rentien Junior Member

you found the type-s swap? cause that website says no JDM swaps...

7. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

The tranny is indeed different. It's geared slightly tighter. The other benefit is that the Prelude Type S came with an optional factory-equipped LSD tranny, so there's a big reason to get that transmission.

The Type S engine also has a hand-ported intake manifold, and a better-flowing exhaust manifold.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted