H22 type S

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ludegirl

ok...I'm seriously thinking about getting an H22 type S and I was wondering if anybody knew where to get them? I looked at hmotors.com but they didn't seem to have it. About how much do they go for? Plus I also heard they had a kick-ass tranny I was wondering if this was true and if it is what makes it so great?

:doh: Sorry about that, I totally saw it too, but the "97-98" threw me off and made me think it was a 5th gen. I think I just got some bad info from people who didn't know what they were talking about, including me! thanks for the help though!

tranny (from my experience) is the same.

The type-s has higher compression pistons, a better flowing head and slightly more agressive cams.

The tranny is indeed different. It's geared slightly tighter. The other benefit is that the Prelude Type S came with an optional factory-equipped LSD tranny, so there's a big reason to get that transmission.

The Type S engine also has a hand-ported intake manifold, and a better-flowing exhaust manifold.

Back