H22 vacuum help ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrbleegs

Well, this weekend i was able to start up my '95 H22 accord for the first time after the swap. I was surprised that it started right away and i could hold a steady idle. Thing is i have the vacuum hooked up but i have 2 ports on the top of the intake manifold that are open, if i close them while the car is running, it totally dies. if i start it again it will not stay idle and dies. it will only run with them open.

I am using the accord evap canister and im starting to think i should use the prelude canister. What canister is everyone running with this swap. the accord canister has 2 openings on top, and the prelude canister has 3. I did a search on this but could'nt find anything.

I have a good diagram for the vaccum lines, but it is with the other canister. can someone help with the questions on my diagram. :D

vacuum.jpg

why are you not using the intake control valve??

also refered to as the IAC... intake air control, very important to idle...

having 2 open ports in the intake allows enough air for it to maintain an idle because the IAC is not functioning properly...

if i'm wrong someone school me...

i believe the intake air control, controls the intake air bypass, giving your motor enough air to idle...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 4 2005, 03:36 PM
why are you not using the intake control valve??
[post=482707]Quoted post[/post]​

Im not using this because im not going to be running the stock intake. From my understanding this is something on the stock accord intake that opens a flap to allow more air into the intake. not needed if im running an aftermarket intake.

Im also curiouse about not using the "bypass control solenoid valve". I have the "bypass control diaprhagm" plugged into the back of the intake mainfold. Will that be an issue?

I do believe the air is allowed in through an opening in the THROTTLE BODY, not the actual intake... so the IAC and its assemblies should be used in order to make the car run and idle correctly...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 4 2005, 04:55 PM
I do believe the air is allowed in through an opening in the THROTTLE BODY, not the actual intake... so the IAC and its assemblies should be used in order to make the car run and idle correctly...
[post=482761]Quoted post[/post]​

do you know where it is located on the 5th gen accord? cause i dont think i have it?

You need your IAC. One is a performance issue(IAB), and the other is a idle air issue(IAC).

You can do one of these two ways for your IAB.

gallery_8497_326_56196.jpg

gallery_8497_326_36601.jpg

Back