H22 Vtec Head On H23a Block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DesertNightEagle

I just wanted to know if anyone has done this or has info on it because i have a h23 and i just ordered the h22 vtec head but i heard theres an oil line from the block to the head and i need to know where the hole for the line needs to be tapped. I went to the nearest speed shop that does alot of honda's and the guy isnt too sure where it would be either since he works on mostly B16's and B18's. I was also wondering when i go to wire up the vtec portion do i just wire it to the ecu from a h22 or do i need a vtec controller/rpm switch.

there will be a... THING on the front/side of the head, it's a plugged hole, this is what you tap into on the head. you tap into the oil pressure sensor place thingy on the back of the block to feed oil to the head. you can run vtec from your vtec ecu.

thanks, helps me understand a bit better, but the part where it goes into the oil pressure sensor thingy is it a hose line and need to setup a Y portion to it or is it actually part of the block

many people when doing this setup always forget to hookup IAB. everytime someone comes to me askin why does it not running right. after numerous diagnostic, it turns out that there IAB is not hooked or the VTEC is not ground. DOUBLE CHECK. nough said.

thanks, but right now i'm just trying to get it so that the head doesnt get messed up, obviously you can run the head with out the vtec running but if you dont hook up the oil lines right then you spent all your money on nothing

where did u buy ur head form online or person cuz i need a new head for my h23a block to make it vtec

hey, does anyone know if you can use a h22a4 (from a 01 prelude) can be used on a h23a1 (92 prelude si)
it seems like a sound idea, but someone had mentioned a closed deck for older preludes vs an open deck for new ones.. anyone who could help me out..it'd be greatly appreciated

doesnt matter what head year it is..as long as its all the same series..so you'll be fine..you'll also need to use the h22 crank/pulley, timing belt, maybe water pump as well. might need the h22 intake manifold also. get the oil line tapped into the oil pressure sensor. then you can splice the vtec from the head onto your wireharness that way it wont be such a hassle redoing the entire wire harness. honestly you should just do a h22 swap...cheaper and more power cuz h23 with h22 head still has low compression pistons, using more money to build h23 vtec then h22 build.

thanks man, i appreciate the help. thats good advice, i needed to replace my head but i was only able to find a h22 for a decent price. i should either find an h23 head or an entire h22, got it.

i have a h23 head i can sell......... if yo0u buy it just take it to a shop and have them hone it and pressure check it. i know it was working fine in my car i pulled it off the engine a few months back its been siiitng in my garage......i will sell it for 50 bucks you pay for shipping. i live in dallas tx.

Back