H22 VTEC Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EmEonE07390

I have been having a problem with my H22ed 94 Accord. Everything was running fine for about six months after the swap was complete. VTEC was kicking on hard at about 5200 every time, no check engine light, and redline was at about 8200. Recently, the check engine light came on and now VTEC will not kick on at all and the redline has decreased to about 6500 RPMs (where it was with my stock F22). The only code that is coming up is for an EGR valve. My mechanic checked the wiring and grounds and could not find anything. Replaced the solenoid, oil pressure switch, and swapped out the ECU and still no VTEC. Does anyone have any ideas :confused: I would really appreciate any help because my mechanic has run out of ideas!:huh:

Mark Piegari
EmEonE07390@aol.com

thanks for starting the new thread :)

The old answer still stands. The only thing i didnt do was take off the intake and clean out the egr track

Im not sure what you mean "The old answer still stands?"

As far as the EGR valve, I have heard that it has nothing to do with VTEC at all. However, I did have my mechanic take it off and clean it out. But that did not change anything.

it really SHOULDNT have anyhing to do with it, but its been my experience that it does. TECHNICALLY the EGR code doesnt disable VTEC. However, for a while, my VTEC didnt work with the EGR code. Then it ran like shit and the EGR Code was still on. I replaced the Valve, the Solenoid, and ran continuity tests on all 3 wires. Pulled vacuum on the valve and nothing seemed to tell me what the problem was. So i bought a p28, chipped it, disabled the EGR....the code is gone.

Thats the only way i could do it.

Back