H22 Vtec swap needs?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Luded

I did searching and couldn't find everything i was looking for. I drive a 92 prelude s and I'm swapping a h22 in i know i need the vtec wires and the vtec solenoid and ecu but what else do i need? Can anyone tell me everything i need to do the complete change over to vtec.

didnt search too hard considering i left detailed instructions in the prelude/accord swap forum.

you need the engine transmission and ECU you also need to wire the knock sensor, VTEC Solenoid, and VTEC Pressure Switch.

if you get an engine from hmotorsonline.com you get everything you need but the 4 wires for VTEC/Knock.

Thanks, I didn't read all the forums on accords, but next time i will. I'm considering buying from hmotorsonline do you know where i can buy the 4 wires? or do i havta buy a whole new harness?

just wire it yourself. its not too difficult. order the engine off of HMotors, put the old harness on the engine, and then use the 3 plugs off the harness that comes with the engine (you cant use it because it will be cut at the fire wall).

Check our technical references and it will show you where to wire the new stuff on the ECU.

Back