H22 won't work on h2bkit?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This is alil off topic, but i keep reading that running the H2B kit (B tranny) is alot better because the h22 tranny in the EG puts alot for stress on the axles... If you cant answer my question cause its off topic could ya give me a link to read more on this? ..................Just need more info on H22trannys in Egs instead of the H2Bkit.... and a Quarter mile time diff (heard it wasent must of a diff?) ..... would like to save sum $$ if its safe enough to run!! Thanks for the help !!!

This is alil off topic, but i keep reading that running the H2B kit (B tranny) is alot better because the h22 tranny in the EG puts alot for stress on the axles... If you cant answer my question cause its off topic could ya give me a link to read more on this? ..................Just need more info on H22trannys in Egs instead of the H2Bkit.... and a Quarter mile time diff (heard it wasent must of a diff?) ..... would like to save sum $$ if its safe enough to run!! Thanks for the help !!!

you could start your own thread. but yes the b series tranny on a h22 is btter as there are options for lower gearing and the stock tranny location is aquired so you can use A. stock axles and B. they dont bind as they are in stock location. also the b series linkage can be used. the h series trannys are cable shift and need alot more fabrication. plus they are lack luster to say the least. the h2b is said to be comperable to a stock k20 in a straight line with out the 6th gear

i have not heard of any problems running daily. The idea of an adapter plate is nothing new either.

ok not to change this up but what if you have a prelude sh motor and tranny available to you at a minimal cost... are you able to drop that stock combo into a eg hatch? Or is the block and tranny both useless in the eyes of most?

it says the h22 block out of the SH prelude whats the difference

the sh has an external lsd system.that bolts on to the back of the block.there for the bracket for the half shaft will not bolt up.this is the issue with the sh motor other than that its the same as a regular a1.

Back