H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RickParker

So im arguing with a buddie of mine. He tell me that somewhere someone makes an adapter plate to hook up a B series tranny to a H series motor. He still has to prove where this plate is. Is this possible? Is there anyone that can tell me if this can be done??:confused:

So how "bad" are these motors with B series trannys?? i have a 92 h22a that is fully built and tuned with boost. With the gear ratio being different, would i see a difference in acceleration or is it not woth the grand to do it??

It's probably more than a grand once you factor in the cost of a transmission too. But there are lots of different B-series transmissions with different gear ratios. You can choose one that suits your needs. There's more to the H2B kit than gear ratios. It allows you to install an H or F motor into a Civic without having to hack up the transmission tunnel or use after-market mounts.

On a side note, what kind of car is this going into?

Just FYI, I asked what type of car it's going into because the H2B plates are designed to be used in Civics/Integras (basically anything that uses a B or D-series engine from the factory). If you're trying to put it into an Accord or Prelude I don't think that would work. The transmission mounts aren't going to line up...

H2B with a LSD B16 tranny! talk about a killer setup.

22 lbs boost. eagle rods and pistons arp head studs. make 351 hp tune and chipped ecu.. puttig it in a 97 integ

Back