h22a accord jumping idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

piening2150

i have a '96 accord lx w/ '93 JDM H22a swap and JDM obd-1 p13 ecu so i can't just plug in a code scanner and get DTC's. idle would bounce from 1000-1500 rpm when at a stop (hot or cold). idles fine when car is moving (neutral, clutch in or out). searched this fine forum and found some stuff about FIT and IACV. adjusted FIT and swapped IACV (not new, just another used one), now the car idles fine when it's cold (seems like the FIT works) but goes right back to bouncing when it warms up (seems like the IACV doesn't work but i want to know for sure before i drop over $200 on a part i may not need). there is a port on the top left of the inside of t-body & if i cover it with my finger so that only a little air gets by, it idles fine. if i plug it entirely it stalls. is this port to the IACV or FIT or something else? i have also checked all vacuum lines for leaks and found none. i am new to honda tuning/maintainance any help would be appreciated. thanks.

I am also experiencing the same problem, only the cold idle is fine its my hot idle that was screwed up. I'm going to clean the IACV (take some air intake cleaner and clean out the two air ports, not the coolant ones) and hopefully it'll fix things. I also read something about jumping the battery to the iacv wires and if it clicks it's good, if it does nothing it's bad. DOUBLE CHECK this before doing this as I've only read this one place. If someone could verify or say if this is a bad idea that'd be good

Quoted post[/post]]
I am also experiencing the same problem, only the cold idle is fine its my hot idle that was screwed up. I'm going to clean the IACV (take some air intake cleaner and clean out the two air ports, not the coolant ones) and hopefully it'll fix things. I also read something about jumping the battery to the iacv wires and if it clicks it's good, if it does nothing it's bad. DOUBLE CHECK this before doing this as I've only read this one place. If someone could verify or say if this is a bad idea that'd be good

i am in the same boat as you now. i fixed the cold idle with the FIT, but hot idle still sucks. i already tried cleaning out the iacv but it didn't help. also swapped it out for another iacv with no effect, although it's entirely possible i just got another bad one. any other ideas, anybody?

idk, I cleaned the IACV and the hot idle is perfect now, there was so much crap in mine, but now the cold idle is fucked...whereas before it was fine...

Quoted post[/post]]
idk, I cleaned the IACV and the hot idle is perfect now, there was so much crap in mine, but now the cold idle is fucked...whereas before it was fine...

you probably just need to screw in the white disc in your Fast Idle Thermovalve. this is what solved my cold start problem. the FIT is directly under your throttle body. 3 10mm screws and you can pull it down and see a plate on the back of it (side that was facing the firewall when bolted up). remove this plate and you'll see a white disc inside. use a flat blade screwdriver to screw this in untill snug (do not over tighten). put it all back together and if this was the problem, your cold idle should be fixed.

if my instructions are not clear, do a search on this Maintainance Forum for "idle" you should find instructions with pics to do this on a civic. it's obviously not the same car, but it should be close enough to get you through it. that's how i did it. good luck!

I have a skunk2 TB on mine and those don't have an FITV on them...the weird part is that the cold idle before was fine but now it's eff'ed

Back