H22A Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

H22A1Accrd

I've had the H22 running for a few weeks now, and it runs pretty good. The idle is alittle high and there is a hesatation at 2.5 grand. Also when i open the oil cap with the engine running, air blows out (alot of air). I never saw this with another car and i am not sure if it is normal. I check compression on all the cylinders and it is good. I checked the pcv valve and the breather hoses to the intake and all is well. If anyone knows anything about this i would be grateful for any help.

PS. The oil pressure sending unit was right underneath the intake manifold on the f22. But they moved it down to underneath the oil filter on the H22 right? I need to make sure i have the correct wires in the right spot. (Which one is the knock sensor and which one is the oil sender unit)

There's not a good reason for that. If the PCV valve is working properly, it would let the air out, and block it from coming back it. It's a one way valve leaving your valve cover. Is it possible that you are hearing a vacuum? Air sucking in as you open the cap? :unsure:

Back