1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H22a Balance shafts

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by klow53, Nov 1, 2006.

1. klow53

klow53 New Member

Here is a question, I'm kinda just finding out about this. Anyways my balance shafts on my H22A EK Hatch are disconected. Will reconecting them do anything to eliminate the vibrations or am I better off to keep a few extra HP and live with the Vibration of them being disconected. Never even knew you do this with the shatfts.....Any one else done it, does it make a huge difference????

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

hook the shaft back up,i mean its in a ek hatch thats what i got in mine and its still fast as hell,so hook her up

3. klow53

klow53 New Member

That's what I was thinking, I have been readin all the threads on this, seems unhooked it may give me all of 1HP more, some say it won't do anything for Vibration, but I wana see if it cut's it down any .

4. hondarin

hondarin Please enter a value using 50 characters or fewer. VIP

when you hook them back up, you have to make sure they're properly aligned. if they're not aligned properly, you'll actually make the vibrations worse. when the engine is at TDC, you should be able to stick a bolt in the balance shaft after you take out he access bolt, which is on the intake manifold side of the engine near the timing belt cover.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted