H22a IAT, Vacuum problem???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

T23755

I just installed a JDM H22a in my 95 prelude. When i started it up i got codes for the IAT sensor and the VTEC pressure. i swaped the IAT from my old motor before i installed the H22a because the one on it was broken. Does anyone know if they are two different sensors? They look and mount the same so i dunno. As far as the VTEC Press. i used crimp connectors cuz it was quick and easy does anyone know if that is a variable voltage sensor like the o2? do i need to go back and sauter it? Also the car runs well at idle but its a little high, about 1000-1200 RPM, and if i hit the gas anyway except slowly it chokes and the revs drop then go up reluctantly. Once it comes up to temp it goes away mostly, but it seems to stutter and lose power at around 3000 RPM does anyone know whats up with this? couold the IAT sensor cause it? I also have no intake control system hooked up cuz it didnt come with the engine and my old F22a didnt have one. The iab is hooked up and seems to be working but it seems as though the engine is getting too much air. I have a dc sports intake hooked up and even at idle i can hear it sucking up alot of air. has anybody had a similar problem or know whats going on? thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Fixed it

Well i got everything straightened out so for anyone who may have similar problems here is what i did. The VTEC pressure switch had a bad connection at the ECU. I swapped out a different wire connector and sautered it in. I puta new IAT on it and at first it didnt fix it came on and off for about a week thenjust went off and never came back. The intake control system is not necissary and turns out the check valve on my IAB was backwards. As for the reluctance to rev turns out the ignition timing was off which i discovered with a timing light.

Back