H22a Into An Hx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HEy i have a 97 Civic HX and i know they are more of a drag than the other models.. but my question to anyone is.. what do i all need parts wise to make my 97 HX into a 97 H22A beast... :ph34r: I already have the motor, the mounts, the tranny, and the ECU... before i start ripping the engine out i want to have everything that i need to make this as smooth of a swap and as quick of a swap as possible. thanks for the input

dylan

cool engine,I wanted one really bad but found an offer too good to believe on a usdm b16a2w/olny 25,000mi.
on to your ques....
make sure the tranny is NOT ATTS,which mounts do you have?might need hasport mounts.
non-vtec models need VTEC solenoid and pressure.
add EGR and EGR valve.
add air intake bypass wiring.
add knock sensor.
use 90+ accord intermediate shaft with 90-93 integra axels.
90+ accord5-speed or92+ prelude5-speed cables and linkage,will require cutting and drilling.
90 integra ls upper radiator hose,cut to fit.
94 delsol vtec lower radiator hose.
98 prelude throttle cable.
radiator should be upgraded to a delsol vtec w/a pusher fan.

you have a lot to buy but this is a awesome motor and I will have one someday which is why I bought a book for it,

yes its true u need to cut for your shift linkage, also keep in mind, once you drop the h series in there, there would be no turning back, i mean this by since you cut those hole(s) you cannot drop back in a D or B series motor, unless you fix the hole, i could be wrong.

Back