h22a or b18c (type R)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wizard45

Ok i wasnt sure someone asked this already but oh well here goes. I just wanted to kno the + and the - about these engines and which would be better for my teg plz help h22a or a type R b18c

the plus of the h22 is the torque and the extra displacement but i beleave it´s a pain in the ass to install and costs a shitload to install correctly but the b18 motor drops in like it belongs in there! i´m no expert but i beleave the type r motor has the winnings in almost every aspect of the game:)

what is it going in to and what are you going to do with this car (autox\drag?) goals for power? budget?

I would honestly go with the Integra type r. I have driven a new vtec prelude and a Itr. The prelude has massive torque response as soon as vtec kicks on. But the Itr revs so much quicker (in association with the tranny). Plus the rpm band is much different between the two. I feel you will enjoy the type r much better.

this is a worthless thread,

you didn't even say what you want to do with you shit, boost it up or N/A,

what you whant to do,

and then people can tell you what to do,

I would go with a boosted H22 cuz it's cheaper, but at the same time a pain in the ass

But if you doin' an all motor and you don't want to have the headeck and all this bullshit and you have the $$$$$$$$ and I mean $$$$$$$$ get a Type R

I would go with a Type R jest for the "R" at the end.....haha

it looks like you been here not for a long time, so jest stick around and you will se what people think,

I would jest go with an LSVTEC or CRVTEC, or even a simple B18c1, and with a little effort you will bring this shit up to an Type R level,

how come, arent they the same blocks,

and LS/vtec and b20 they have bigger dissplacement...

how will a B18c1 be more stronger under boost, than LS/vtec turbo, and b20,

I jest whant to know cuz I have B18c1 myself.....

a friend of one of my good friends has a turbo b18c1 in his hatch putting out almost 700 whp.

the guy with the hatch has a friend with the exact same setup as him but its ls/vtec turbo and puts out alittle over 500 whp.

both are tuned. but I've noticed also from dyno charts that gsr's are better to turbo.

I jest don't see a LS/vtec turbo, that's jest messed up....

taking the low compresion out and puting a turbo in it,

I would jest lo for LS turbo set up,

I think is cheaper....

and better/easier

so save some money over both setups and BUILD YOUR B18B
that engine has LOTS of potential
YES EVEN ALL MOTOR

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Dec 20 2003, 02:32 AM
a friend of one of my good friends has a turbo b18c1 in his hatch putting out almost 700 whp.

the guy with the hatch has a friend with the exact same setup as him but its ls/vtec turbo and puts out alittle over 500 whp.

both are tuned. but I've noticed also from dyno charts that gsr's are better to turbo.

He said B18c Type R...meaning the B18c5 (USDM), not the c1. :p

Back