h22a shifter install....cant find one

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bluenutz5

ok guys heres my prob....i have a integra with a h22a swap with a h22a tranny and i got this obx-r short shifter adapter and i was hoping someone here might know how to install one? i took it to my local performance shop and they had no clue! i tried the website and they dont have a install diagram! please if anyone can be of help, i would apretiate it greatly!!! :worthy:

so you already have the shifter cables in your car right?

it should be rather straight forward, take old shifter out, put new one in...????

Check the DC Sports website my buddy put one of those short shifter adapters on his H22 swap. It should be the same as the DC.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Jan 13 2005, 01:54 PM
Check the DC Sports website my buddy put one of those short shifter adapters on his H22 swap. It should be the same as the DC.
[post=445188]Quoted post[/post]​

is it possible to have a h22a tranny but the gsr shifter still in cuz thats what my buddy thinks it is!

it would require modification to say the least...

gsr = rods, h22 = shifter cables...
totally diffrent underneath thew shift boot

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jan 13 2005, 04:38 PM
it would require modification to say the least...

gsr = rods, h22 = shifter cables...
totally diffrent underneath thew shift boot
[post=445267]Quoted post[/post]​

well then it has to be that i have a shifter for something else....cuz id dosnt work 2 diff shops have tryed!!!

The short shift adapter would only work if he switched the Integra linkage (solid) to the Prelude/Accord linkage (cable). I'm not sure if this has to be done for an H22 Integra.

If it has....those short shift adapters kinda suck. I had one in my Accord, and it was barely noticeable. If you do buy one, get an OBX or generic brand unit. There's no sense in paying the extra for a DC unit when all it really is is a machined piece of aluminum.

I'm not sure if this has to be done for an H22 Integra.

the shifters have to be switched, there's no way around it...
there are no shift rod based f or h series trannies

i swapped my shift rods for a cable setup from an accord...

short shirters are a waste of money...

edit: did you order a short shifter for your INTEGRA? or did you order a short shifter for a prelude/accord?

Originally posted by bluenutz5@Jan 14 2005, 07:57 AM
it came with the car....but not installed and its a shity ass obx-r adapter
[post=445548]Quoted post[/post]​

I'll bet if you set it next to a supposed "quality" short shift adapter, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, except for the markings on them. As reckedracing said, they all suck, but not because they break. They just don't do anything.

Back