H22A swap in a '91 Civic Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hasport is a good company with quality parts, i needed more than just the mounts, so thats why i went with the ESP kit.

ahh i see okay so i've been looking at the hasport set right now the one mount that will be the trans mount has bolt holes... so i'm wondering so i will have to definitely cut the oe mount off then to get this engine to fit in thats my hole main concern...

and i was also wondering about the front mount i have the Honda swap book i've been reading a lot lately now they're saying that the front one will not be used?? are they right or do you have to get one?

I did not cut my mount off, but it was a weld in, i used a hoist to drop the motor in without the tranny, got the drivers side and rear mount in and then lifted the tranny up and on the motor while the hoist was still holding it, and if you line the axle holes and hubs up properly, the tranny mount should be forward of the OE mount, but i dont know how the hasport mounts line it all up. And for the front mount, you will not need it at all, the three other stiffer mounts do a good job holding it just fine.

ahh sweet i see well you're helping me a shit ton on this i can't beleive the help you are giving me i thank you a lot for your knowledge lol but seriously thanks on helping me on this build so i will keep posted on this i just don't know how to put up photos on the chat lol i'm a site noob

No problem man, im not quite sure how to post up pics either, and the fact that its snowing outside so i cant get them right now lol. lovely northeast. I will get you pics as soon as i can, maybe this weekend.

i will get pics for you today now that i got batteries for my camera

didnt have anything hooked up, just got the motor sitting in the mounts
0421092258.jpg

shes a beast, so glad i went with this motor
0421092258a.jpg

Last edited:
This is the alt. bracket so you can see, it mounts it high up on the motor but it easily clears the lights and everything else
alternator bracket.JPG

This is the bracket that ESP makes for the cable/hydro setup, it has a lot of adjustability so you can make the pedal feel how you want
clutch cable bracket.JPG

Its hard to get a good pic of the traction bar, but you can see where it mounts, and looks prety mean coming down the road, and it really works, i get NO wheel hop what so ever, although i have never used a set of slicks at the track.
traction bar 001.JPG

Just some goodies, S2 intake manifold, AEM fuel rail and adjusable FPR, and blox 72mm TB
S2 mani and AEM fuel rail.JPG

too dark, but a shot of my car
traction bar 008.JPG
Let me know if you would like any more pics of the car or anything specific. I would be happy to share anything i can

Back