H22a Swap Problem Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

preludejdmh22

Hi,
Have a 92 Prelude that had the f22 motor. Bought a JDM H22A with tranny and P13 ecu. Used a USDM H22 harness cause the JDM one was cut at the main harness. Problem is, starts up fine, but does not let me rev past 3k. Slapped on the F22 ecu starts up and runs fine for about a day, but then dies every now and then. What are the possible causes? Do i need to run the pos from the internal coil directly to the ECU? If so, to which pin out? Or can I use the f22 external coil? Or is there another wiring issue causing this problem?

Thanks

you're throwing a hard code... sometimes the CEL wont even light up, i know mine didnt half the time. mine was because my cylinder position sensor went out in my distributor and i had to get a new distributor to fix the problem. i'll warn you now it's not easy to get ahold of a jdm distributor, nor cheap. i am using a jdm dohc f22 accord distributor on mine, if you get ahold of one you will have to change the white piece inside of the plug to the h22a plug, it's easy, just takes a pair of needle nose. i would personally check my codes if i were you, it's a blue plug with 2 wires on the drivers side behind the center console. just shove a piece of wire into the plug to jump it and start your car, count the codes and then post what codes you are throwing.

Forgot to mention, the distributor cap was cracked so I'm using an 93-95 Accord Ex cap and rotor. Should this work or do I need to get a hold of a jdm cap and rotor? Anyways, I'll try to post the code its putting out.
Thanks

Back