H22a swap vs. Si Turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

preludude

What would you guys reccommend as far as swapping? I have a Prelude 92 S and I wanted to swap an H22a, but is it better to just get a Si and a turbo b/c of it's lower compression?

well it really depends on your future expectations for the car, what you will use it for, etc. my opinion would be tog et the h22 and turbo that later on down the road when money becomes available to you. but what do you plan on doing??

:withstupid:
I know how it is to want to be quick with little effort but trust me, youll be way happier then just turboing the S. H22 is pretty quick and plus its made to go in your car so you shouldnt have very much trouble. Once you get the money go turbo h22 like me :)

How much HP can a h22 get with turbo? i was told the 2.3 had lower compression allowing for a better boost in turbo. Is that correct?

what you can do is a 2.3 VTEC, that's like a LS VTEC, you can put a turbo in your Si make sure you change the internals, you have to change them any wayz, and just drop a H22 head on this think, and I think this gonna be better if properly build, because of the dissplacement, and lower compresion, and I also heard, I am not sure but some people told me that H23 come Sleeved stock, so I don't know do what ever you can afford,

my .02

He's got a Prelude S, which has the F22A1 engine in it.

The Si has the H23A1.

If you want a turbo, get the H23. If you want to stay n/a, get the H22.

The H23/VTEC is not an easy head swap. Search the threads in the Prelude/Accord forum for more info.

Back