H22A Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PCWiz

Hi all,
I just finished my H22A swap in my ’92 Prelude. After working out a few bugs with a bad P131 EUC the engine is running great. In trying to get the automatic transmission to shift at the proper RPM I have added a JDM P19 TCU and seem to have created a new problem. See the quote below.
I have found many references to this problem on many different forums but no one has posted a solution.
I have tried 3 different JDM P13 ECUs with my JDM P19 TCU installed. Both the engine and trany are JDM
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Original Post

08-23-2006, 09:30 PM

fuegie

My shifter is LOCKED !! I am not able to shift my shifter out of Park. I have to acually stick my key into the shift lock key hole and shift it into neutral before i can even start the car. Once i get the shifter out of Park, i can shift it through all the gears without any problems. I can even go back into park and out of park as long as i dont let go of the button. But trying to shift the shifter out of Park when starting up the car will not work. Im not sure where i read it, but i read that i have to wire up another wire or something to get the shhifter out of park because of the Jdm TCM or something ?

Back