H22a Vtec Help Pleassse

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22hizzie

Ok so just gonna cut to the chase ive read a shit load of forums and done all the tests, rewired it a ton of times, and tried to pass the vops, still throwing code 22 and no vtec. one thing I was wondering is I heard that vss can stop it from working... Im not throwing a code 17 but my speedometer does not work is this a possible reason for no vtec? and can the vss be bad even tho it doesnt throw the code??? Please give me any advice u have its been almost 4 months since ive done the swap into my eg and cant figure it out
icon_mad.gif

what year and model did your H22a come out of? i'm a dealer guy but as to engine families i only remember a few. i know a code 17 is the speedometer sensor code for most hondas including the 91 accords and that unit runs with power steering fluid in the sensor on the trans but there is usually a code 17 as well with the speedo not working. are you using the same ecu the h22a was using? or did you wire up your old ecu somehow to work with vtec? all the guys i know who change motors and ecus for mods usually have ecus and wiring harnesses for the engine they are using. they only have to wire up gauges and interior harnesses to their new ecu mostly.

check your vtec soilnoid or your wiring sensor plug and wiring,,, and also check your vaccum lines are correctly installed ..lol

Back