H22A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my3000gt95

I know this is a new guy thing but........... I would like to know the pros and cons of puting a h22a in a CRX.

Pros = fast as fuuuuccckkkkk, and props when you open the hood at a show...

cons = too much weight, no handling

good luck with wiring

Hi.
what CRX are you putting it in?
I have a 93 Del Sol and am considering an H22A engine swap too.

I know for atleast the del sol handling isnt really that great but I upgraded the rear sway bar to a bigger one, have custom traction bars, had tokico illuminas with ground controls and now i have Teins and it hangles great.

If your wanting a car that is going to do super good in the corners than dont get the H

if you do the swap, it will primarily be a drag car. dont plan on autoX or running from cops on anything but long stretches of highway....wiring and fitment are a bitch. most likely youll need a cowl induction hood to clear the head. lots of cutting and shit like that.....full wiring makeover aswell. its a difficult swap but youll love it if your a drag racing person.

now you guys say that handling would be horrible. im in the process of doing the h22 swap into my eg hatch MMMMMM. do you mean like auto X'n and shit like that... how is it for just daily driving around town

I have a friend that has an h22 swapped into his eg, I can't remember which suspension he has but they are true coilovers. His car handles pretty well, but it wouldn't be the best set up for auto-x but around town its fine.

What is the problem that goes on with the wiring of the H22 into a crx? I might be doing one into my Hatch this summer, was wondering what problem I might run into. I could care less about the handling, I got that covered, but please help me out with the wiring.
- Pete

Back