H22a4

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolidDreamz

My girlfriend bought a 93 prelude with a skyline gt-r tailight conversion and tons of mods. Guy said he put a new engine in but the engine code is a h22A4. I thought A2 was in 93' preludes. I went to the reference section and there isnt anything on an a4. Any1 know anything about the a4? Also the car gets horrible gas milage, 150 miles on full tank,and has a chipped ecu, dc sprots headers, cold air intake, exhaust, stock fuel pump. Check engine comes on when doing 80+ mph goes off when you turn the car off and when you restart the car it doesnt come back on. Im thinking the chipped exu is making the o2 sensor go bad. Any1think im right? Can I unchip the ecu? or need a new one? thanks alot!

The H22A4 is what came in 5th-gen USDM Preludes. It's OBD2. The car is OBD1. There has to be some sort of wiring conversion in there somewhere.

That said, yes, get rid of the chipped ECU. I don't doubt that's your problem.

About the wiring, you may want to check that out since of obd2 and obd1 issues, you can correct this with skunk2's wiring conversion obd2 to obd1. could it be that the guy didnt switch to a newer ecu with obd2 with the swap and tried keeping the obd1?

Originally posted by SolidDreamz@Oct 17 2003, 09:52 AM
My girlfriend bought a 93 prelude with a skyline gt-r tailight conversion and tons of mods. Guy said he put a new engine in but the engine code is a h22A4. I thought A2 was in 93' preludes. I went to the reference section and there isnt anything on an a4. Any1 know anything about the a4? Also the car gets horrible gas milage, 150 miles on full tank,and has a chipped ecu, dc sprots headers, cold air intake, exhaust, stock fuel pump. Check engine comes on when doing 80+ mph goes off when you turn the car off and when you restart the car it doesnt come back on. Im thinking the chipped exu is making the o2 sensor go bad. Any1think im right? Can I unchip the ecu? or need a new one? thanks alot!

I just came from the bathroom reading this months copy of Sport Compact Car. They said the H22A4 came with some kind of electronic torque distribution system. They said to stay away from that engine, but I think they meant only for an accord you are swapping.
Umm...yeah...

atts sucks period. if you expect to boost. get a base model 5th gen. and if you try to swap the h22a4 with the atts unit. it will not work..(well without a lot of custom fabbing) IMO i'd just get an lsd tranny.

Back