H22EG swap fitment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UrbanRacer

sorry guys, HS isnt letting me search for some reason.

All the searching i was doing was pointless anyway....it keeps bringin up threads from 02 and 03.

Ive got a CB7 with an H22a and M2B4. my car rides but i wnat an a lighter car. my shell is cool, but the suspension is fucked and im having a brake issue no one can seem too figure out.

im looking too swap it into an EG. i know theyre problems with axles and my guess is its the positioning of the motor.

is it the mounts? Hasport mounts are expensive, but good quality.....any other alternatives?

also axles......will the stock ones be fine with good mounts? or will i need too invest in swap axles?

Now for the shifting assembly.....do i need too cut and tac weld the "plate" thing in or will X bolts bolt up?

anything else i should look for?

The alternative to using Hasport's H22 mount kit is to go H2B (i.e. buy an adaptor plate that allows you to use a B-series transmission). This will allow for the use of stock B-series axles and also allow you to avoid any cutting of the transmission tunnel. Honestly though, with the cost of the adaptor plate and a B-series tranny, you might as well just buy the H22 kit and make the necessary modifications for it to fit the Civic chassis...

The alternative to using Hasport's H22 mount kit is to go H2B (i.e. buy an adaptor plate that allows you to use a B-series transmission). This will allow for the use of stock B-series axles and also allow you to avoid any cutting of the transmission tunnel. Honestly though, with the cost of the adaptor plate and a B-series tranny, you might as well just buy the H22 kit and make the necessary modifications for it to fit the Civic chassis...
ive done 2 h2b's in friends cars. im already running a h swap and lsd tranny in my accord, so im going too stick with the full swap.

i found all the answers i needed. i hooked up with a few guy a few cities over and gave me a full run through of what needs too be done. i appreciate it though.

Back