H23 IM onto F22A?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SneakySedan

Just picked up a pristine 92 EX Coupe, know its the F22A, not sure which A.

At any rate, read up that you can bolt the IM off the H23's directly onto them. Saw there were some issues with the F22B but couldn't find anything on the 22A.

Can someone who has done the swap let me know what to keep an eye out for, the manifolds look dime a dozen so I figure its worth a shot.

Finally, what are the realistic gains from the swap, 5hp maybe?

They claim 5-10hp. Its a direct bolt on as long as you have all of the H23 IM parts. Like the TB, thermostat housing etc.....

Wanna turbo? 1K shipped

The engine is in super fantastic shape, and I dont want to mess with any internals right now, so good luck on that turbo sale, and I appreciate the heads up on that H23 mani, will probably get one before too long.

Sidenote on the Video: Holy wow to the speed, but ummm... whatsup with the not wearing a seatbelt?

Last edited:
Oh dear, not one of those people........

Why would you have to mess with the internals to turbo it? I'm confused....

I'm not one of "those" people, I understand the motors are fine under lower boosts, been in the honda game for years now. But if I am going to take the time/effort/cost of running a turbo setup I'm going to run more than 8 pounds of boost.

I'll give you $750 shipped for it if you really want to sell it that bad :-D

I meant the seatbelt for "those" people. I group you with those that boo street racing. Nothing personal, just not my belief.

You can run up to 17psi with the chip I have tuned. I ran it daily at that level for awhile, it was VERY fast.

A kid with a WRX Stg2 couldnt hang with me when I had 3 people in my car, easily walked the kid....

I would take 900shipped

If I am "those" people for the seatbelt, then I put you in "those" people for being too stupid not to wear one. No offense dude, but its a really simple way to not end up faceplanting your windshield, then hood, then street in a wreck, especially pulling 90+. I've wrecked a cars before, and minus the seatbelt I'd be a lot worse off (i.e. maybe not typing to you). I dont mind being labled lame or a dick for making my passengers (i.e. friends) put on their belts before I go anywhere. You may be 110% behind the wheel, but you never know when that stupid ass will whip his Silverado in front of your Honda, and I hope in the future you'll strap in, two seconds to give you 40 more years...

As for street racing, I do it all the time, its a rush and it is fun... but shit man, strap in.

As for the 900, If you do 800 you'll have a sale.

Does anybody know if I will need the prelude throttle body or if I can use my accords?

Also, do I get the IM gasket for the f22 head, or the h23 IM?

Back