h23 into my del sol...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rtpassini

ive been doing a lot of research but i just found some stuff and wanted clarification

i still need to obtain shift linkage and the shifter assembly. but i ordered driveshaftshop stage 1 hybrid axles. im using hcp mount.

i need to use a prelude intermediate shaft correct?

i also just read that i need the rear tranny mount from a 92-96 lude. is this true? and whats all that stuff about cutting a tranny mount so that you can shift into 1st and reverse?

does anyone have any decent pictures of where to drill in the firewall to feed the linkage through (someone did it that way, not sure all the other ways)

umm i think thats it for now. its 2:30 in the morning so im not all there. i have some helpful links, but more are appreciated. thanks for the help guys. its much appreciated ;)

if your getting racing/swap mounts then it should come with the rear mount but you need the 92-96 lude bracket though. The tranny bracket has to be cut so it doesnt stick out so far towards the drivers side and the holes redrilled closer to the passenger side fender. When you shift into 5th or reverse the cable arms would swing right into the bracket and not be able to go in.

Where ever the black hose comes out from the heater, in that area is where i would drill. I actually just took out my a/c and heater and fed the lines through the heater holes. I dont know if its possible without taking the dash out but definetly much easier.

Btw why not h22? h23 only puts out a little more trq then the b16. Basically just to have what? 15 more ft lbs of trq then the b16 your going to need to buy stiffer springs, possibly sway bars, you wont be able to lower your car much at all because of the oil pan and also the wonderful world of wiring. This swap is definetly not cost effective. but anyways good luck and hope to see pics soon!

im getting the engine from my friend who just put an h22 into his lude. and im getting it for really cheap. thats why.

as for the mounts. mine came with three of them. do you have to modify that tranny mount that came with the kit?

Its not the tranny mount that came with the kit its the actual braket in the engine bay that the engine mount bolts into.

OK here is the little quicktime video. plays really fast- sorry but ive already spend 45 min to long on it. end of vid basically shows how its sposed to be. Shouldnt need to save it cause its only 800kb
tranny modification movie

hey that helped a lot. now i get it. when should i drill it so that it lines up right and all that? when the engine is in. or out? how did you do it?

actually i had the engine in, a jack under the tranny. jacked it into place, marked the holes then cut and drilled. gotta do it with the engine in.

thanks a bunch. so far youve been the only person to help me. lol do you happen to have any pics from when you were doing the swap to help me?

(btw...would you happen to be lechnowsky-j??)

Back