H23 rotating assembly in a h22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed4life

Lets just start off by saying h22 and h23 are less than 4 letters. :ph34r:

Anyway, I have an h23 with a bad head, and i just found an h22 with a bad crank. Can i just swap the rotating assembly over from the h23 to the h22, and call it a day?

i'm no expert but i figured i'd give my 2 cents even though it's probably not worth shit. the stroke might be different or maybe just the bore so i'm not sure if it would work. anyways, why don't you swap the h22 head onto the h23 block?

Originally posted by lude9593@Jan 11 2005, 05:58 PM
i'm no expert but i figured i'd give my 2 cents even though it's probably not worth shit. the stroke might be different or maybe just the bore so i'm not sure if it would work. anyways, why don't you swap the h22 head onto the h23 block?
[post=444290]Quoted post[/post]​

Its more work, and more money. Its an h22a4 btw

I'd probably check into a different crank, or turning the H22 crank.

If you think about it logically, either the bore or the stroke(or both) have to be different. If the bore is different, then you would need a bore job. That would more than likely mean sleeves. If the stroke were different, then you would probably have either clearance issues, or your compression would be off.

The bore is exactly the same, but the stroke is different.

Forgive me for putting this in english and not metric, (I got a Chilton manual...) but the bore is 3.425 inches for both and the stroke is 3.57 on the H22 and 3.74 on the H23... which comes out to:

H22 stroke: 90.678mm
H23 stroke: 94.996mm

I would defidently check the main journals to make sure they fit, depending on the year H23 you have and the year H22. I believe that they are different after '96. I believe.

Defidently let me know how this goes!

thanks. i figured it would work, and i figured since i had an h23 already, the cost would be nothing. but the deal fell through unfortuantly, so we i will never know.

Back