H23 swaped 90 accord coil problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

accordmaui

The problem is on the H23 it uses a seperate ignition coil whereas the f22 uses the integrated IC and all the h23 plugs do not plug right up to the accord body harness so we are having trouble and was wondering what poeple on here with that swap used for a wiring harness and what mods were needed to the wiring.

90accordh22,

When you mean wire harness from ob1. Do you mean the wiring harness from the 92-93 accord that has the external coil. because 90-91 accords have internal coil.

Do you mean the wiring harness from the 92-93 accord that has the external coil?

You could do that. You have to lengthen a few wires, but it's not that bad. Plus, you'd have to run the knock sensor wire to the ecu. My 92 LX has external, and my H22A I put in was internal. You might also be able to change your distributor if that is the only problem you are having(or run a new hot wire to the coil that turns on with the key). The 92-93 accord harness would probably be cheapest...

Back