h23 to a jdm h22a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92lude

ok i have a problem here i have a 92 prelude that had a h23 si engine in it. i bought a jdm h22a1 vtec, out of a 97-01 im not sure what year but im pretty sure its a 01. and im stuck on all the wiring if anyone can help me out here, send me something. because i cant figure out what wire goes where because they are different colors, and also i need to run another wire or so, so i can have the vtec.

Well first off, you didn't buy an H22A1. You SHOULD have bought an H22A1 (USDM) or an H22A (JDM OBD1), but if you bought one out of a 97-01, then you bought an OBD2 engine. So you'll have some issues with converting the OBD's.

Check your block code to confirm what engine you have.

stop making fcking posts asking the same damn questions.

You obviously have no clue what the hell you're talking about.

If the block code is h22a1, you have a usdm engine and you only have to add in 1 wire unless you're such a stupid fuck that you failed to mention that it came out of a 96 prelude, in which case the motor is OBD2 and you've screwed yourself.

Either way, based on all your posts I think that you shouldn't so much as handle a screwdriver.

Everything you need to know has been told to you..stop thinking, read the posts and follow the instructions.

I'm 99% sure that 92lude and Jason C. are the same individual. In total there are 3 other posts asking this same question.

Look below this topic..

It's frustrating because I took all that time to type out (what I thought to be) very clear instructions step-by-step.

I guess I'm just an asshole. <_<

I don't think they're the same person. Different IP's.

In any case, yes, your criticism was harsh, but I do agree to a point, in that he needs to do alot more research before "just throwing an engine into a car". It blows my mind that someone would just order an engine without knowing what he needed.

No!!!! That is my first post ever on this board! I am not this jack-ass yall are talking about!! I post on crx forum as 88crxsi. Like I said I appreciate the help you guys gave me. I am in the process of pulling out the H23 now. I will let you know how it goes...and if I have problems (HOPE NOT!!) I will be posting again!

by all means post again! Sorry for thinking you guys were the same person..

So I owe an apology to you and *maybe* to 92lude.

SORRY! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :D

ok i admit you guys probly know a hell of alot more than me and it was my mistake it is a h22a jdm, sorry for that. and also i didnt do reasearch on it because the people who had the car before me bought the engine and told me that they did research on it and all that good shit. but they couldnt finish it or sumpin like that so i bought it from them to try to fix the car and get it running.

Back