1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h23/vtech

Discussion in 'Accord' started by 89 accord, Dec 27, 2006.

1. 89 accord

89 accord New Member

does anyone know if it is possible to put a H series into a 89 accord 2dr? i need help
    and advice

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  2. powerdriverh22

powerdriverh22 Senior Member

custom mounts, lots of wiring, too much damn work. oh and its vtec. vtech is a phone

3. snoopyloopy

snoopyloopy New Member

3geez Forums would be your best bet for info on that subject. yes, it's possible, but it's an entirely custom job. and Variable valve Timing and Electronic lift Control is what honda engines use. vtech makes crappy phones.

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Crappy children's toys as well, and the H23 doesn't even have "vtech" anyway, unless we're talking the uber-rare JDM version.

I'm with everybody else here, I'd say this swap is going to be more trouble than it's worth.

5. powerdriverh22

powerdriverh22 Senior Member

well its not the h23 vtec that will be challenging its the swap....

6. snoopyloopy

snoopyloopy New Member

yeah, exactly. entirely custom mounting. by that, i mean more than just moving engine mounts around. the guy on 3geez who had it done said something about crossmembers being moved or something of that nature. and you'll have to find axles that fit. then you have the wiring nightmare. it's doable, because it's probably not much different than wiring up a vtec b-series and that's been done. even a write-up about swapping in a b-series w/o a mount kit. and i couldn't imagine an h-series would be much different. but you may also have to adjust suspension, especially if it's lowered.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted