H23A VTEC into a 1992 prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Voy

Before any of you guys yell at me to google it or search it, i just wanna say i have tried, and havnt found anything. I was wondering if it is possible to swap a H23A VTEC into a 92 prelude, then turbo-ing it? maybe someone can direct me to a topic about my question or maybe answer it. greatly appreciated :)

are you talking about an H22 head on a H23 block or are you talking about an F23 VTEC?

Honda
H23A 96+ DOHC VTEC 5 SP

thats the engine i wanna get and i wanna find out if its possible to do a simple swap into a 1992 prelude, or am i cursed with the run down engine i will get lol

well if its 96+ i wouldnt do it...OBD1-OBD2 is a REAL hassle.

The H22A/A1 is gonna be your best bet. you can get those from HMotorsonline.com or any junk yard that has a honda prelude VTEC in it. The A4 is also OBD2, so its best you stay away from that. If you do an H22 swap, then you still get 200 HP (instead of the 220 that im finding on google) and it is basically a straight swap. just have to run 3 additional wires. thats it. (VTEC Solenoid, VTEC Pressure Switch, and the ground for the pressure switch) aside from that, your car has everything it needs, and its SCREAMING to have an H22 (like mine :))

wow thank you so much, that helped me with my decision. i wanted the 2.3L but meh guess i cant do that anymore lol.

You can do it to be different.......but that's a pain in the ass. That motor only has a couple more hp at best, and would just confuse you that much more.

would it sit on the same motor mounts?

Back