HAHAHA FIGURED IT OUT!! H22A STARTED!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmclude

SHE FINLLY FIRED UP!!!!!! Aiight, I would like to thank those of you who replied back to my posts with advice, opinions and any helpful information you could provide me. You know who you are. Now I am about to save those of you a lot of time who would like to convert your 97 auto CL over to a manual JDM H22A monster. The only key I can give you is if you drop your motor in and everything is hooked up right and you know your distributor works fine, try using the ecu from your F22 motor. Since my car was a manual, I had the auto harnesses hooked up so I could fire off the motor to make sure everything was fine. I orginally had my JDM P13 ecu hooked up, but when it came time to start the car, it was just turning over because the P13 ecu was confused because it was looking for a automatic and could not find it, so the ecu basically just sat there and did nothing. When we finally figured out it was not the distributor, we just took a hunch and put the orginal ecu in the car without the obd 2 to 1 harness and BOOM the car started right up. So for those of you who are going to drop in a motor, if you have start up problems, try my advice and you may not have to go through what I had too. Good luck
Paul

Sweet :thumbsup: Glad you got to hear it.

There is a way to switch your ecu from automatic to manual. I saw a diagram somewhere on this site. Probably in the ECU section. I'm happy for you. :D

Thanks Tab and thanks people for all the help and congrats, as you know I also converted from auto to manual, so I'll post some more pics and stuff when everything is almost complete. Man I know these motors are "bolt up" but that is in the literal sense, hahaha the wiring and little things here and there do not make this easiest project, but hey it will be worth it in the long run :)

Back