happy D-Day

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:werd:

but kind of an odd day to say "happy" to. 64 years ago a lot of kids were getting shelled, shot and drowned at Normandy.

RIP guys.

My gramps was one of the lucky ones who didn't arrive on shore until D-Day +2. He saw the aftermath though, he said he wishes he'll never have to experience those sights again.

My grandfather was in Korea. My dad's number was never called for Vietnam. My uncle Bob did a second tour in Vietnam because the drugs were so good. I don't think I have any family that was in WWII though.

But I have a handful of friends that have been to or are in Afghanistan or Iraq.

My grandfather was in WWII but he never talked about what he did, where he was, or what kind of action he saw. I do know he had gotten a purple heart for shrapnel hitting him all up his leg though.

:pie: ??

even though i know it was horrible, and very gruesome, i still cant help but wonder what it actually looked like there.
i never believe the movies.

:pie: ??

even though i know it was horrible, and very gruesome, i still cant help but wonder what it actually looked like there.
i never believe the movies.

From what I have read and the interviews I have seen Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers is pretty much the closest depiction of WW II that there has been.

I think to put it in perspective you need to picture the scariest most adrenalin rich situation you can possibly think of and double it.

145058081ARaaqM_fs.jpg

i thought this was for national donut day.. cuz that was yesterday

Back