Happy New Years

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hahahaha anyone watching jay leno? tom green got a WWE diva to kiss him at midnight. lol

Ain't we a bunch of pathetic bastards.

Originally posted by friz@Jan 1 2005, 12:07 AM
Ain't we a bunch of pathetic bastards.
[post=439771]Quoted post[/post]​

pleh.

Didn't feel like spending the money to go out. :(

I took the wifey out to a chinese buffet, and then we got a few bottles of champain, and stayed home tonight....by ourselves....so romantic....

I got the laptop on the coffee table, watching the ball drop on CNN, and downing a few glasses of the bubbly....hehe

from us to you guys....

Akemashite omedeto gozaimasu.......... :p

hAPPY NEW years everybodys. Herbsaint is pretty alcoholic, though Im happy to say that my drinking is limited to just staying at home with me and my fiancee. Katamari damacy while intoxicated is kinda hard...;

Good luck Steve, it's tough. Maintain your resolve, and remind yourself why you are quitting. I went cold turkey, and it sucked ass.

<<<<<<Three years today, sixth try to quit.

I didn't do a patch before.. it seems to make all the difference.

I could easily define my addiction, and why I smoked when I Smoked. When my lungs got this tight feeling, only the soothing smoke of a Cancer stick could loosen it up, and thus when I inhaled I literally felt better.

That's the first thing I noticed. I have candy cigs to take of the cessation, but my chest doesn't give me that feeling that automatically triggered the "Gotta smoke" response.

I hope that in a few days, the patch will also kick the heart palpitations. That's where I stop the program, and start smoking again. If I can get past that, I'm golden.

My new years resolution is to get built. I'm getting older, and things that used to be easy are'nt so easy anymore. I realised that when I was moving some of Airjockie's stuff. Just a few years ago I could work all day without even breaking a sweat. I need to do something to fight off aging.

-> Steve

8 hours, not even a remote desire for one.

Quitting smoking was an easy resolve for me to make at the time.

I was broke.
I coughed shit up left and right.
I woke up with asthma attacks at night.
As it turns out, Primatene Mist would give me migraines.

I know people that have smoked twice as long, and twice as much, and were effected much less than myself. It was the best decision I ever made, and maybe the hardest. I had to quit drinking for three months when I quit smoking, because they go hand in hand.
I also know this......My body doesn't care where the nicotine comes from. If I smoke one cigarette, have a chew, use the patch or gum, or take in any nicotine, then it's like I never really quit. It was all about the physical addiction for me, more than the having something in your hand thing that other people talk about.

Three years, and I'm happy. I smoked and chewed for at least 7, although the chewing was during the last year, while working. I smoked after work.

little late signing in but what the hell.

i passed out at 11:15pm, didnt see the ball drop, i was too high and drunk to care lol.

Back