Hard to shift into 1st and reverse

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Egluvr

Anyone
I have an eg with gsr swap. Sometimes I have a hard time shifting into first from a stop. A have to release the clutch and put back in to move the shifter in first. Shifting into reverse is harder. Sometimes it doesn't want to go into gear and I actually have to put in another gear before I go back into reverse. Is this due to the linkage or tranny?

alot of trannys have a so called block that wont allow u to put it in reverse right after it comes out of 5th gear.. not sure what it is exactly called though.. and for ur other problem it sounds like it needs bled.. i believe that the clutch is still tryn to turn when the peddle is pressed down.. if u pump the clutch up kinda like u was going to bleed it does it still happen?

that really dont sound like a big deal every car ive ever owned did that sometimes depending on how the gears are lined up at the time. unless its really difficult to get it in then it could be a problem. and how u say about it needing to be bled 8sec wouldnt it have trouble into every gear then? i mean the air would be in the no matter what gear your goin into, just a thought.

Back