Has Anybody Ever Heard Of A 'teg/h22a Swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

desert_eagle2304

An H22a swap into a 'Teg has been mention a few times in these forums. I'm thinkin' about gettin' a JDM H22a and swapping it into a 5th Gen civic. BUt i'd much rather do it in a 'Teg. I just need to know from anybody with experience if it's a bitch to do. A bigger bitch than a civic that is. i've read over the swap info and it doesn't seem like it'll take 5 minutes. More like a few days at least. But will it make a big difference if it's acura and not honda? what different custom parts will ya need that are made to fit the 'Teg (axles, mounts, blah blah blah) and where can i get 'em? Any advice or help would be nice. Thanks.

First, Acura doesn't make engines, only Honda. Second yes it is possible but you will need to get motor mounts from Hasport, ecu, wiring harness, axles, linkage, exhaust mani and son on and so on... It will take a while to both get all parts and to do the swap, but if you have the time and money it is worth it... :ph34r:

I say go for it, yes it can be done, and the shit is cheaper than a JDMR motor swap for sure. the JDM type S motor is a little more expensive than the usdm h22a, but i would go with the type s. I believe it has 220 from the factory. But you get a good amount of tq to pull that heavy teggy from the hole.

Milan

I am actually selling a motor mount kit that allows you to drop a h22 (H and F series) engine in your integra.

HCP mounting kit 4sale, $300.
Retails for $450

Still in box, never used. Hit me up if your interested.

KRAZYRICAN... please get with me. I saw your post a looong time back about how you have a SOHC vtec ZC in your car with a P70 ecu, i have the same setup and cannot get my CEL off for a Code 1 (primary heated o2), was wondering what o2 sensor you're running. Cant figure out how to send a PM here. Thank you.

Back