Has anybody tried that 2 1/2 dc h22a header?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i am think about getting that new dc sports 2 1/2 inch header for my h22a. has anybody tried it and hoy does it compare to the prospeed header ?
and good chead headers out their? I really dont want to spend $750 for a header

My boy has used the dc sports header and it gave him exactly 5whp

It has a 2.5 inch collector he put it on last month, but if you feel it is a different one and will make more power then by all means go ahead and buy it an tell us what gains you got from it .

since DC Sports was taken over by AEM the DC header quality has gone down the tubes (no pun intended) - we have recently done two H22 swaps and the car owners in both cases wanted the new DC header - one of them didn't fit at all - the other fit a little better but had a hole in one of the welds at the flange

if you want a good header, you are gonna spend money for it. you really do get what you pay for. spend little on a cheap header and you get poor fitment and subpar performance. just how it is. if you want a good header expect to pay at LEAST 500+

i am going to have to try. I cant justify spendend $750 on a prospeed header when my baby is suppose to be born september 6. but of all of the cheap headers out their is d/c the best cheap one? i am really on a tight budjet and i waiting to p/u my cylinder head from the machine shop. the car must be running in about 4 weeks and i was thinking about getting a ebay header but $275 for the d/c 2 1/2 seems to be a good price. might ge a $70 ebay one and have my muffler shop weld a 2 1/2" pipe from the collecter back to rest of exquast?
and ideas on a cheap header system?

prospeed headers arent even THAT good. if you are gonna spend that kind of cash, start looking at RMF.

I heard mix reviews. right know i cannot afford anything close to that. let me know what you guys think, i think about buying a ebay header(witch ever one has the largest primarys) and cutting off the 3 tri- y collecter. stepping up the pipping and using a aftermarket merge collecter with a 2 1/2 output. maybe lenthining out the the piping allitle also. depending on the sixe of the headers pipse and the merge collecter i am able to get determins the size of the step

all that work you want to do will cost more then 300 dollars alone.

The ebay headers will cost $75-$150. the merge collecter is $50 and the welding is like $50. the cost of buying a dc header is sbout $300

2 1/2 collecter, catless exhaust and a 2 foot long resinator and a obx twin loop all at 2 1/2 inches is my goal. try to make as much power on a budjet.

Back