Has anyone done it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

12secondCRX

I'm wondering if anyone here has swapped a H22 into a 2001 Integra GSR? Also if so what times do you pull in the 1/4mile?

Why would you want to put an H22 in place of the GSR engine? I may be wrong but I thought that the B series was capable of more HP by boring it out and more durable for with standing higher boost? I have a 97 civic and I was looking into swaps, would the H22 be better than the B series engines?

Sorry didnt mean to steal your thread CRX. :burnout:

I was wanting the power stock because it's for my wifes car and 220 stock is better than 170 and it will be nice for the shows will be entering it in.

Yeah it's been done and I have heard good results from it, there is more aftermarket support for the B series though and you could also sell your GSR motor and try to break even after you make all the other parts adjustments for the H series.

Milan

I'm not sure about what needs to be done to put a H22 into a GSR (if motor mounts are needed, things needing to be changed and what not) but I think you'd be better off just adding I/H/E and maybe even a venom 400 for a lil extra kick. Of course with this comes the sound so it depends if your wife wants to be heard or if she wants to creep.

I think Gen2 was saying that the GSR swap would be cheaper to do than the H22 not just the engine. I have always heard that Prelude parts were hard to find and more expensive than whats on demand plus I read the article on Honda Tuning comparing the two engines. Of course he could just know where to get the hook-up. :spin:

Honda Tuning

I would stay daily driver IF its for your wife. I know of someone who had a h22 into a integra shell and the oversteer was ridiculous when dragging. NOW, I know your wife MIGHT not drag, but thats kinda the point of swapping a h22 into a smaller shell right? For daily driving, its just not very practical. And considering your car is a 01, just add some bolt ons...if you want more than that, consider a JRSC or a stage I or II head package from Jun or Skunk2, etc...

its already a GSR.... so that engine is "free" for you... putting in an H22 will cost around $4000
you will sacrifice handling (not too noticeable driving around town normally ... but very noticable under hard cornering conditions like autoX, road course, or twisty back roads)
you will have to convert over to a cable shifter (far inferior IMO to the solid linkage setup... i have cars with both and the solid linkage feels MUCH better)
parts are a few dollars more expensive... but there is just as many quality parts available (all the bullshit parts available for B series gives the illusion of more aftermarket support)...
i would keep the GSR engine and work with that... it is a VERY good engine and has lots of potential

Originally posted by RiceBurner98SC@Jul 19 2003, 02:02 PM
I know of someone who had a h22 into a integra shell and the oversteer was ridiculous when dragging.

oversteer while dragging????????

i think you mean torque steer (under hard acceleration the steering wheel jerks to one side and the car tries to turn)

oversteer is when the rear of the car comes out around corners (like when drifting a RWD car)
understeer is when the front of the car tends to push in a straight line instead of turning... also called plow... (FWD cars are known for this)

Thanks for all the advice I'm thinking stay Gsr and do bolt-ons. See if that's enough for her if not go turbo. She does drag race it sometimes with me just to let you know.

Back