has anyone drifted their Honda?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
CR-V? Sorry, Honda AWD on a CR-V/Pilot is pretty much FWD. I can't believe no one has put NSX. I wouldn't drift one, but fuck it's RWD and has only been available for oh, 18 years now.

the reason you cant "drift" in a front wheel drive is because you can't control the momentum. you start a slide and just slide until you run out of speed. you can't really steer it either. thats why rwd dominates most motor sports. the power wheels aren't used for steering.

you can "drift" an evo before you can drift a civic.

obviously...i'm not talking about pro drifting or taking my Civic to a track and drifting lol...I'm talking about just having fun, like a 45 degree turn where you just pull the e-brake and straighten out when you need to by accelerating...I was going pretty fast, so i'd pull the e-brake, accellerate and pull the e-brake again cuasing my rearend to slip out more. maybe I should take some videos so you can see what i'm talking about. It's not really drifting...more like powersliding. I have an mr2 that I used to drift but it only works when it's wet cause it's a mid engine car and it's stock.

I used to do a pretty good drift impression at my dads house (1/2 mile driveway ftw) on the snow, double S corners dodging trees and boulders.

feather the throttle like in drift videos, and dont be solid on the e-brake just bump it to start it sliding and and bump it again when you want to change the direction of your slide.

it was wwaaaaay easier to drift the 240 though.

obviously...i'm not talking about pro drifting or taking my Civic to a track and drifting lol...I'm talking about just having fun, like a 45 degree turn where you just pull the e-brake and straighten out when you need to by accelerating...I was going pretty fast, so i'd pull the e-brake, accellerate and pull the e-brake again cuasing my rearend to slip out more. maybe I should take some videos so you can see what i'm talking about. It's not really drifting...more like powersliding. I have an mr2 that I used to drift but it only works when it's wet cause it's a mid engine car and it's stock.
it's not even power sliding really. it's just locking up the rear wheels. power sliding is when you use the power of the wheels to cut it loose.

official-this-thread-sucks.jpg

i seen an element drift, it was at the drift mb even this year (drift at the mytle beach speedway)
the definition of a drift is when the slip angle of the rear tires exceeds the slip angle of the fronts, so techniqually you can drift a big wheel if you want.

You can drift a honda civic, trust me.

Just put it in reverse.
Guilty.

I miss my explorer. I hate all the fuckers around here that are like "I need 4wd for the winter!!!" the only thing 4wd will do is get your ass out of a drift easier. Try learning how to drive. That explorer would do whatever the hell I told it to. I really don't like having fwd in the winter. Plus my E-Brake sticks, so it's sort of a one time use thing right now.

so technically all i got to do is pull the motor from my del sol and put it in the trunk... mwuahaha
drift away!! lol

No, all you have to do is put it in R, turn your head 180deg, and stomp on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back