has anyoye try this yet and how does it run

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yardeman

hi guys i have a f22b shoc vtec in my accord i understand what i have to get to turbo this engine and what i have to do...but what i want to know , is does this engine work good on boost with the vtec connected

it should. mitsubishi wouldn't spend money adding mivec to the evo engines if it didn't make a difference. altough if you run some other aftermarket engine management, vtec might not be included.

my buddy has a b20 with a b18 head vtec is wired up and the thing runs fine yes for sure its twice the boost

it should. mitsubishi wouldn't spend money adding mivec to the evo engines if it didn't make a difference. altough if you run some other aftermarket engine management, vtec might not be included.

But they only modify 1 cams timing slightly.

You can turbo pretty much any motor, the motor's gonna have a limit obviously, what parts you plan on using and Tuning is also a huge factor in whether it "runs well" or if you get to watch your shit blow up. Learn moore about any type of forced induction before you go tearing your car apart.

hi guys thease are the parts i have so far a t3/t4 turbo new.front mount intercooler new,38mm external wastegate new, a an equal lenght manifold made for a turbo mivec i changed the flanges to fit my eng,an hks blow off valve, and i am plannin on using stock internal lookin to run 9psi before i forget in the process of ordering an chipped p28 ecu

sorry its not a t3/t4 its marked garret a/r.60 m24 and the xhaust side is a 48...........hey i have a prob wid my swap i will like some advice on i have an f22b shoc vtec in now it had in a f20b shoc non vtec before it bolted straight in it auto no i drove the car the auto wont change properly and now speed meter not workin are thease two prob related also the vtec is not connected thats y i am gettin a chipped p28 so i can boost and run vtec

I would help, but I cant understand wtf your saying. :emofo:

I am boosting a f22b sohc vtec. With a good tune you can run more than 9psi on stock internals. Cast iron sleeves and rods but your piston ring lands are the weakest link.

sorry its all jumbled up ..ok i will try again...in my 94accord was an f20b sohc non vtec motor..i bought and installed an f22b shoc vtec motor..i used the old harness that wa already in so the vtec is not connected...i drove the car the auto wount change gears...i also realize the speed meter not working...i wanted to know if my two prob are related.what to do ?

Depending on the year of the car the transmission may have a separate computer (called the TCU) aside from the ECU. Usually if you try and mix a JDM ecu and a USDM TCU, or vice versa, you'll run into problems.

I don't really know the specifics of such things know...maybe somebody else could chime in?

That turbo is too small, I used a similar turbo on my b18b1 and it was a disappointment.

Back