hatchback surges and makes sputtering sound

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cfwthb_94

For some reason all of a sudden my hatchback, when giving it gas it makes a sputtering sound like its not getting fuel. It did just happen to happen right after i put a tank of gas in. I've ran most of it out and have put in 93 octane today hopefully trying to get out the other couple of gallons and clean the system. It's getting worse. And i have no idea what is causing this, and it's starting to make me worried. Sometimes my car will run fine, and most of the time it's slowing down and sputtering when giving gas. Please help if you can.

Check your cap and rotor, spark plugs, plug wires and then check your fuel pump, timing, compression.

Check your plugs and wires. Is it worse when its been raining? My bonneville had the same problem, it turned out to be spark plug wires arching(i think). I replaced the wires and it drove like a dream. And yes i know there is a big difference between a pontiac bonneville and a honda civic, but just an idea of what could be causing it.

Back