1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever heard of this?

Discussion in 'Integra' started by hazzardboy95, Dec 10, 2006.

1. hazzardboy95

hazzardboy95 Hon-daaaa

Hey whats up again. I was recently having some cooling issues and you would know this already if you have read some of my other posts. I recently took my car up to the honda dealer and had them run a test to see if I had a blown head gasket, i also told them about the over pressurized cooling system. They ran the test and told me the gasket was blown and that a bad radiator cap was the cause of the excessive pressure. Im asking you guys for your opinion. If a trained, certified, and veteran honda tech rebuilt my motor should I have a blown head gasket at 6ooo miles? This doesnt seem right to me and im wondering what you guys think. Post back with your comments. THANKS:D

2. TheManRSW

TheManRSW TheManRSW

no...if a certified Honda tech had rebuilt your engine it definitely should not have blown a head gasket that soon. If he did a thorough job he would have found the faulty radiator cap as well.

3. hazzardboy95

hazzardboy95 Hon-daaaa

Well i waited till i was at the dealer to even mention the cooling problem to them but they were the ones that said it was probably the cap.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted