Having Starting Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smarty009

Ok...My accord wasnt getting any spark...so i thought the distributor was bad...so i replaced the distributor...only to still get no spark...grrrr...so what else could be the problem? I replaced the rotor but still nothing...could it be the distributor cap? or spark plug wires? i know the spark plugs are good...i looked at them...and according to the wiring diagram i looked at...everything was going where it was suppose to go...

i went to the local parts stores and none of them had the distributor cap i would need...or at least they didnt know what i was talking about...i have a TD60 distributor which is internal coil...all the parts stores have external coil distributor caps...grrr...and get this...i called the honda dealership to see if they could possibly have the cap...and i tell him i have an H22A...and right off the bat the guy was like "we dont know what youre talking about when you use all those engine codes and stuff..."...so im like...ok...fuck you...youre an idiot...lol...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...anyone have any ideas on what i should do?

Go get a distributor cap for a 2000 Civic Si or a 90-93 Accord Ex. I have the swap guide, because I'm in the process of finishing up my motor swap. Should be finished tomorrow. I have a 94 2dr ex 5sp

wow...thats crazy that there would be a distributor for a 92-96 H22A and it takes one of the above mentioned distributor caps...is it because of the USDM/JDM difference? I looked up the pics of those and they look just like what im looking for...thanks for the info.

Yes it is because of the USDM/JDM difference. The jdm motors came with internal coil and usdm was external.

Before you start spending more money repacing things, check the electrical connections to ensure that power is reaching the igniter and coil. Did you replace the distributor with a JDM internal coil distributor? If you replaced it with a USDM distributor, it would be missing the internal coil.

Troubleshoot the connectors going to the distributor and open it up and check the wires inside. You may not be getting any power to the distributor or something is wired up wrong...

yea...its an internal one...TD-60U...ill check on the wiring to the igniter...thanks for the input

Back