Having troble starting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

little90

I have a 90 civic put b18a out of 93 acura with a pr4 ecu stayed with obdo for some reson it wont turn over check the basic just cant figure it out HELP:confused:

Make sure the battery is fully charged, starter is grounded, and make sure all wiring is connected correctly.

had the battery totaly charged and still nothing all wires are connected their is a relay that clicking under were the stereo goes dont under stand that one

Main Relay.. Up under the dash above the hood lever.
E

Some do some don't.. Of course, Honda makes them very good but $$.
You can try at a local parts supplier but usually electronic/Special order parts, are NOT returnable.
From my experience, Being it so hot down here that they 'go out' frequently enough that Honda usually had them in stock. At around 70$

If you don't have the $, I think there was a good write-up somewhere on this site in the (sticky) that told how to re-solder a main relay to fix it.
Did you check to see if you have enough current to the starter?

I don't know how 'big' you are.. But I usually have to pull the drivers seat (you might find extra money/keys too) to contort myself enough to get my hands up in there to get at that 10mm bolt.

I don't think I EVER bolted them back in.. Just pushed it back up in the area, in case it wasn't the problem.

It's about 3"L x 1"w x 1 1/4H, black, with either a brown/white/black plastic bottom where you plug it in. It controls the main electrics to control your engine so the wires will be larger than most under there going to it.

OK, re-reading your first description:
try and keep the key to the 'on/run' position, get a friend to hold the clutch peddle in, pop the hood, get to the starter, pull little rubber 'boot' off of the +pos terminal on the starter, pull the little wire going to the solenoid, and run a 'jumper' wire from the main lug (starter) to where that little wire connects..

It should turn over. (make sure your girlfriend/wife/?? is holding it to the floor, NOT TEXTING or something) If "nothing", it could be your starter's fried..

E

hey to all it was the starter had it tesyed at the autoparts test it three times and it worked untill i got home found out that the test machines kick out more than normal amprage than a car so when i tryed it in the car it didnt

Is it a CRX DX? Did you use a mpfi modified DX harness instead of the b18 harness? The teggy harness will not work.

You can test your own starter by jumping the little connector on the top of the starter with the big power wire on the starter. Just make damn sure it is in neutral with the E-brake set. It will run your ass over if it isn't.

Last edited:
Back