Head For 91 D15b2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ssgdgun

ok I bought a 91 civic lx sdn for 80 bucks with a thrown timing belt. so here are my assumtions Please correct me if I'm wrong! that the valves are mush? that it would be cheaper to get a used head than replace valves?
OK so which heads can I use with no modifications using the stock dual point fuel system intake and exhaust manifold, the valve cover etc from the stock head or possibly if i found a head with cover ..., I'd get a new head gasket, and timing belt. can i do this cheap? I know not very exciting but when you need advice come to the experts right? :) I'm keeping my eye out for motors and heads, timing belts gaskets etc that i need for this job.

which motor? 88-91 D15B2 or 92+ D15B7? are they interchangeble without aftermarket mounts?

ok well i bought a "good running" complete 90 civic lx 5 speed engine (D15B2) for $102.50 plus $200 for shipping so guess problem solved. and it was the cheapest sure thing I found. without knowing whether my existing bottom end is ok.

$200 shipping for an engine?? You could have just went to a local salvage yard and got one for $300 with a warranty. To answer your question though. Any SOHC head would have worked, and for $300 you could have put on a VTEC head.

yeah I didn't get alot of info so i just bought one. most places were asking atleast $400 for a warranty used motor. as is were obviously cheaper.

how bout you look up Pissed. If you look up I was asking about swapping heads or engines but i was staying in the D series motors.

A little patience and respect will get you more helpful answers. For the $300 you spent you could have done many things and bgot more power out of the deal. Next time try to wait more than one day for responses. And here's a good D series BBS, D series. Go there and read, there's a lot of good info, but no one will answer a question that you can search for the answer

Thanks Sol. sorry didn't mean to be disrespectfull Pissed. just don't like getting attacked when I actually took about 3 minutes thinking about what forum to post in. and your right I should have took my time, just saw a motor on ebay and made what i thought was a low bid and poof I won it. and thanks for the link.

Back