1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head For 91 D15b2

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by ssgdgun, Apr 28, 2003.

1. ssgdgun

ssgdgun Junior Member

ok I bought a 91 civic lx sdn for 80 bucks with a thrown timing belt. so here are my assumtions Please correct me if I'm wrong! that the valves are mush? that it would be cheaper to get a used head than replace valves?
    OK so which heads can I use with no modifications using the stock dual point fuel system intake and exhaust manifold, the valve cover etc from the stock head or possibly if i found a head with cover ..., I'd get a new head gasket, and timing belt. can i do this cheap? I know not very exciting but when you need advice come to the experts right? :) I'm keeping my eye out for motors and heads, timing belts gaskets etc that i need for this job.

2. ssgdgun

ssgdgun Junior Member

:unsure:
    how about a D15B7 head from a 94 civic LX?

3. EGLSHB

EGLSHB Senior Member

get me a list of all the parts you need, and email it to chrislathan@hotmail.com

i have all the parts you need, most likely, in fact, i can sell you a complete motor and tranny for probably 200 plus shipping

4. ssgdgun

ssgdgun Junior Member

which motor? 88-91 D15B2 or 92+ D15B7? are they interchangeble without aftermarket mounts?

5. ssgdgun

ssgdgun Junior Member

ok well i bought a "good running" complete 90 civic lx 5 speed engine (D15B2) for $102.50 plus $200 for shipping so guess problem solved. and it was the cheapest sure thing I found. without knowing whether my existing bottom end is ok.

6. solblu

solblu Senior Member

$200 shipping for an engine?? You could have just went to a local salvage yard and got one for $300 with a warranty. To answer your question though. Any SOHC head would have worked, and for $300 you could have put on a VTEC head.

7. ssgdgun

ssgdgun Junior Member

yeah I didn't get alot of info so i just bought one. most places were asking atleast $400 for a warranty used motor. as is were obviously cheaper.

8. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

i threw a timing belt on my D15B2 at about 70mph and my valves were fine. i just needed to replace the timing belt.

9. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

how about the RIGHT FORUM????

Engine BUILDING.

this has NOTHIGN to do with a fucking swap :bash:

10. ssgdgun

ssgdgun Junior Member

how bout you look up Pissed. If you look up I was asking about swapping heads or engines but i was staying in the D series motors.

11. solblu

solblu Senior Member

A little patience and respect will get you more helpful answers. For the $300 you spent you could have done many things and bgot more power out of the deal. Next time try to wait more than one day for responses. And here's a good D series BBS, D series. Go there and read, there's a lot of good info, but no one will answer a question that you can search for the answer

12. ssgdgun

ssgdgun Junior Member

Thanks Sol. sorry didn't mean to be disrespectfull Pissed. just don't like getting attacked when I actually took about 3 minutes thinking about what forum to post in. and your right I should have took my time, just saw a motor on ebay and made what i thought was a low bid and poof I won it. and thanks for the link.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted