1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head Gasket replacement on D16A6

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Civic_Tacoma, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Civic_Tacoma

Civic_Tacoma Member

I'm having some oil issuses with my D16A6 engine. It looks like it's leaking from around the head gasket, and the water pump gasket. I know that if I change the head gasket, that I should go ahead and change out the water pump, water pump gasket, and the timing belt also. My question is, what else should I go ahead and change? Does anyone make head studs (bolts) for this engine? Thanks in advance, looking to do this in the next few weeks.

2. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

ARP makes studs for the d series.

If its leaking, fix it.

If the timing belt is showing signs of wear, change it.

[/mr.obvious]

3. ladyowned

ladyowned New Member

91 crx head gasket leak

Hello, we have changed my head-gasket too because we had the "leak". I ordered the "special" gasket and new bolts as recommended in the service bulletin and have had sputtering troubles ever since. We can't get the timing to go right, it's too far or not far enough! My husband thinks that after plaining the head and putting a different size gasket has thrown all out of whack.

Thanks for any help......

http://www.engine-builder.com/ar/Import.pdf

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted