Head Job

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slopoke

Making a complete 180. Was going to boost the hell out of my wife EG with LS swap and strip it down, But I was informed that it was HER CAR and not mine. She still wants more power out of the LS motor. I am putting Crower Billit Rods, JE pistons and a cylinder brace. Here is my delima Do I go with a VTEC, or a GUDE head package? Ive heard good and bad about Gude but they are claiming 55 WHP.But if tere is a better way to go than I am open to anything.Want to keep it NA. Also Buying another eg to do it my way.

i have not heard much good about gude, if i were you i would go with a vtec head and some itr cams...

I have heard that gude blows, this again isn't from my experience but from others shit I have read. I don't know of too many people that go to them for aftermarket support, they claim like 50hp from their complete head package on SOHC's.

Milan

If I go VTEC should I go with the gsr or the b16. Will the itr cams work on the b16 head or will I have to go with the ctr. I still have alot to learn so please bare with me. If I go vtec can I rechip the ecu or replace it with the gsr ecu

Originally posted by slopoke@Jun 10 2003, 01:30 PM
If I go VTEC should I go with the gsr or the b16. Will the itr cams work on the b16 head or will I have to go with the ctr. I still have alot to learn so please bare with me. If I go vtec can I rechip the ecu or replace it with the gsr ecu

the b16 heads are usually easier to find and cheaper, get one of those. read the FAQ or article (forget which) on this site that goes over the LS/VTEC. itr cams will work in a b16 head, the ctr intake cam is slightly more aggressive (by 3 degrees) over the ITR, infact, any B-series vtec cam will work in a b16 head. as far as the ecu, what car is this for? only use a gsr ecu if you get a gsr head/intake manifold.

Yes, i agree, i havent heard anything "good" about Gude. IMHO i would go vtec on that sucker, but first you must build up the bottom end w/ the regular goodies. Do a search for any references in this site, there a great thread about LS/VTEC and what you need for a built setup to withstand VTEC, good luck!

Originally posted by red95solsi@Jun 10 2003, 01:47 PM
a thread on darksol about GUDE i would not have gude do your work after what i saw in these pics take a look at their work

ouch, that sucks. gude has always been known to be crap. looks like they should have used some loctite on that throttle plate screw.. :(

Back