Head Studs increase HP???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

3218.jpg

speaking of this topic my buddy has an evo 9 and i have my little honda civic. so we decided we would cover my car with high performance stickers and i could keep up with him =) than he asked about all that sticker drag and i said it odnt matter il have 700whp anyway =)

oh and that site made me laugh so hard i rolled on the floor at the cross drilled brake lines.

blanco should save my rep for this one ====edit

i know what the h--- head studs do..

i grew up around S/BBC and S/BBF... i learned to increase power w/ cams, carbs, heads, valvetrain, etc. then i switched to tuners and 4-cyl's and people increasing power using new head gaskets, cam gears, and such.

so i figured, just cuz i hadn't heard of headstuds to increase power, didnt mean they didn't.

i was just asking, damn guys

Well you can make a little more power via the headgasket. If your all motor, you can run a thinner head gasket (cometic) or the such, and that will increase your compression slightly. A lot of people like to mill the head when doing this, to achieve much higher compression and avoiding a short block build which can be costly.

Back