1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

head swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by jayt1788, Apr 30, 2007.

1. jayt1788

jayt1788 New Member

i have a 97 dx hatch, what head swap could i do? about how much hp increase would i be looking at? Im just looking into some options with the car.

2. Sohcpwr

Sohcpwr New Member

you probably have a y7 now, you could drop a y8 and gain the vtec, just have to run the vtec wires/solenoid. I think there is 15-20 hp difference between the two. your best bet would be to swap motors. go for the b16 out of an si and you'll have a night and day difference between that and the motor you have now.

3. johnercivic

johnercivic New Member

He's right, and the power gains may not even be that much. Don't waste your time with it. Save your money for a complete engine swap, B16A2 or B18C1 or 5. You'll thank yourself.

4. jayt1788

jayt1788 New Member

if i go with a b16 out of a 98-2000 si what kind of mods could i do to it without going turbo, i would want to all motor it.

5. Sohcpwr

Sohcpwr New Member

The possiblities are endless..depends where you wanna take it though.. I'd start with the swap followed by the suspension.. then trail that with your basic bolt-ons intake,full exhaust,fuel,spark, pulleys so on... you could easily put together a 200 hp all motor car.

6. johnercivic

johnercivic New Member

If he's going for 200 hp with all motor, he'll probably need more than just bolts on like I/H/E. If you want it all motor, starting building the motor; cams, retainers, springs, high CR pistons etc. Then finish it off with a proper tune and it should all come together for you with good results. Just my $0.02.

7. trappd-in-859

trappd-in-859 New Member

Why do you want to stay NA? It's really not an effective way to go fast. If you want something quick, pretty reliable, and cheap, swap a y8 head and piece together a turbo kit. It will be faster and total cost will be about the same as a b16a swap.

You will wind up spending roughly 3x as much on an all-motor set-up vs. FI to get the same results.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted